Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday Meet & Greet: Mirka of The Blond Zebras

| | 0 comments
Meet Mirka: a journalism student and self-professed aspiring journalist originally from a small town in southeastern Slovakia but blogging from Bratislava! Her blog features not only personal style posts but all the latest news from the fashion world! Check out her interview below, and follow her blog here! You can also check her out and follow her on Facebook, lookbook, and Chictopia!
1 - How long have you been blogging? Do you feel that you have been as successful in that time as you hoped to be?
I have been blogging for a little over a year. My blog isn't as successful as I'd hoped for it to be yet, but I hope to get there soon! I love writing and fashion and my blog is a perfect liberal place where I can join my pasions together and create something special, so I'm not giving it up.

2 - Where does the name "The Blonde Zebras" come from?
I started The Blond Zebras with my friend at first. We used to call each other "zebra", it was our nickname, and we were both blonde at the time. Thus the blond zebras. We are not blonde anymore and I create the blog by myself now, but the name stuck and I still like it, so I decided to keep it anyway.

3 - How would you say your background in journalism sets you and your blog apart from the typical fashion blog?
I'd already had some experience with writing and fashion journalism when I started blogging, so I wanted my style and (hopefully) better or more readable articles to make me different from other bloggers, who are often very young and inexperienced in sharing their thoughts publicly or concentrate mostly on the visual side of the blog. My goal is to create not only smart captions and beautiful pictures, but I want give my followers and visitors something interesting to read as well.

4 - What's your favorite shoe designer?
Every girl can dream, and of course I dream of having my shoe wardrobe full of Manolo Blahniks and Louboutins! But I also love Kurt Geiger, whose shoes I admire on every visit to the UK and wonderful art pieces from Nicholas Kirkwood.

5 - Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I am definitely not an early bird! I love sleeping as long as I can, but usually I get nothing done at night as well, so really I'm a day person. I work best from 12am to 8pm.

6 - What's your favorite book?
I love the books by Cecelia Ahern, I fell in love with her stories after I had seen P.S: I Love You in a cinema.

7 - If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
London. I love the athmosphere, the freedom, the parks, the colours and the style of the city. I grew up in a small town but I've been always drawn to big cities like New York or London. But a nice house by the sea in Italy or Spain wouldn't be too bad either...

8 - What's your dream job?
A fashion editor at Vogue (in any edition).

Please leave this lovely lady some love! Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook
Follow on Bloglovin