Friday, November 16, 2012

Fab Friday #2: In Susie's Shoes!

| | 2 comments
Say hello to Susie from In Susie's Shoes! This lovely Southerner is from a suburb of Dallas, and has been blogging for about 2 years. In her own words, her style is "probably best described as thrift store junkie with a slightly modern twist," and I would have to say that pretty much sums it up! This girl brings you the very best of Texas and makes a great argument for buying designer shoes, so in my book she's a top-tier fashion blogger! She dreams big - and she admits to liking One Direction! It doesn't get more real than that.

Scroll for the interview!
1 - How would you say being from/living in Texas has influenced your style?
Living in Texas has influenced my style in that I always have to be prepared for any weather, especially this time of the year! One day it will be 95 degrees*, the next it will be 40**. The weather is so unpredictable! I keep winter clothes and summer clothes out year-round. It can be nice sometimes, though, because in the middle of December we might get an 80 degree day, and everyone appreciates the break from the cold!
*around 32 and 4 degrees Celsius, respectively

2 - What sort of music do you listen to?
Everyone calls my music taste "hipster," which is probably true. I love William Fitzsimmons, Mumford and Sons, City and Colour, Regina Spektor, Iron and Wine, The Civil Wars, Bon Iver, The Avett Brothers, and then, shocker- One Direction. I know, I know... but they're so cute!

3 - What do you want to be when you grow up?
My biggest dream has always been to be an editor of a magazine. I'd die if I had the chance to work for Teen Vogue for a while, but ultimately, I want to start up my own magazine. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I'd love to work as a stylist!

4 - Who is your secret celebrity crush?
My secret celebrity crush has definitely got to be Harry Styles. Just look at that face...how could anyone not love him?! Oh! Also Yuri Pleskun, the model. He's certainly a sight for sore eyes.

5 - Are sweatpants in public acceptable?
Personally, I hate wearing sweatpants in public. I feel gross the whole day. But that's not to say you shouldn't wear them in public. If that's your thing, by all means, go for it.
All I'm saying is if you happened to run into Ryan Gosling in sweatpants.....yeah, that would definitely NOT be ideal.

6 - If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
If I could go anywhere in the world, it would have to be London. There are SO many places I'm dying to visit, but I've wanted to visit London for the longest time. I feel like my soul is in London! Plus, British boys. Need I say more?

7 - What is the first thing you notice about a person?
The first thing I always notice about a person (physically) is their hands. I'm a hand person. Is that weird? Probably. Oh well. I love clean hands and nice nails! Personality-wise, I always notice a person's laugh. I love it when people laugh. Whether I'm in on the joke or not, if I hear someone laugh, I can't help but laugh along with them!

8 - If you could choose one superpower:
If I could choose one superpower... hmm... is being able to produce coffee with my mind a superpower? Yeah, I'd definitely say so. I choose that. I want to be able to think about coffee and look down and have it in my hand. That would be so great.

You can follow Susie on Bloglovin, tumblr, lookbook, and instagram at @susiegibson.

2 comments:

  1. hi i find your blog interesting :) so i am following you now :) id appreciate if you follow back :)
    x♥x♥
    The Girl with the Muji Hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos :)
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook
Follow on Bloglovin